1. You need at least 2 – 3 hours to see Amer Fort.
2. The Amber Fort being one of the prime attractions of Jaipur, is crowded at all times. And if you want to avoid the crowds, go on a weekday.
3. It is a vast complex and walking around is the only way to enjoy and feel its beauty. Hence wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
4. Visit as soon as the fort opens in the morning. After 12 p.m., the Siladevi Temple closes. Also, as the day progresses, the area becomes increasingly crowded.
5. Carry water bottles, shades and hats or caps.
6. There is Anokhi Hand printing Museum near the fort. The Museum remains closed on Mondays.
7. Take the help of a guide to see the places and listen to the stories. There is also an audio guide available.
8. Within the premises, there are restrooms and a café.
Best time to visit
Jaipur experiences harsh summers and winters. It is best to visit the Amer Fort between September and March. During these months, the weather remains nice and cool. The greatest time to visit the fort is at night, between 7 and 9 p.m., when you can enjoy the light and sound show as well as a sumptuous dinner at the restaurant.
How to reach Amer Fort, Jaipur