1. Solo travel is something that is going to make you redefine yourself by making you richer in confidence, organizational and communication skills apart from enhancing your resilience and broadening the horizon of your thoughts.
2. Recently self-travelled for 3 weeks backpacking to Brazil, Argentina Paraguay, Peru and Bolivia covering some of the wonders of the world both natural &amp; artificial like Christ the Redeemer , Machu Pichu, Iguahu falls, the floating islands of Lake Titicaca etc. to name a few.
Why Latin America?
3. Europe should have been the first & the natural choice for any Indian. So what made me choose Latin America ?
4. Comparing Europe and Latin America would be something like comparing Apple and Oranges. Both are beautiful and captivating in their own accord. But given ‘half a earth’ distance from India, the Latin America( as compared to Europe) would have been more difficult to do from India.
4. After analyzing various merits and demerits evident that the strength and corresponding opportunities of going to an unchartered and amazingly beautiful place like South America clearly outweighs the weaknesses and the threats my lack of knowledge of the local languages( Portuguese and Spanish) and the spread of ‘Zika’ virus , so the plunge was taken.
5. Being uncharted temporary and very little first-hand info available, it was actually difficult to finalise a plan. So, I started writing mails to the leading travel agents asking them to suggest best possible package for South America.
6. Very soon I had 8-10 itineraries. Their average was taken to prioritise must visit places (By counting no of times a place/attraction/activity featuring in various itinerary and dividing it by total no of itineraries).
7. The same formula was more or less used to decide other vitals like, mode of tpt, type of accommodation and its locality etc.
8. The journey was all about the knowing the Land and The People and understanding the culture for good. This would have only been possible by staying and travelling like a local and being solo traveller in serving this at all the places was a little difficult.
9. So endeavor was made to stay in the house of the locals and to take “free walking tours” while vising a city, whenever possible and the results were simply overwhelming. Not only did I come to know about the local culture, food,dance, traditions but also ended up making some amazing friends.
THE TRIP IN SHORT