Now the time come to go briefly about expenses , what to do and what not to do.
So my whole trip budget was Rs 10,00. Which includes everything like train fare, food, bus and stay. I travel in 3ac coaches, train journey experience was Rs. 4500. Which was from Kolkata to Delhi and Delhi to Kolkata.
The actual trip I did it in Rs. 5500.
Things to be remember
1. Make sure you carry heavy winter wear and make your health fit, in winter journey in himalaya is very difficult. Cold will make you give up, also you need to be prepared mental to visit Himalaya in winter.
2. If you are traveling to Spiti valley, then don't think you will get luxary amenities, you need to compromise on everything.
3. If you are planning to cover whole spiti circuit, it's not possible in winter because or road blockage in kumzum pass
4. Chandratal lake will be not accessible in winter.
5. Do your important work related with internet connection before Reckong peo, after Reckong peo there will be no mobile network.
Things to do:
1. Try noodles and thukpa in Reckong peo, it's a famous Tibetan food. But one thing more you will have only 3 options, veg, mutton and egg (which is rear you will get) there is no chicken options
2.Eat momo in Tabo and take a walk towards tabo monastery
3. Always respect monk.
4. Make your self full cover, any exposing body part may land you suffer from frost bite.
5. Try street food of Shimla in mall road like chola kulcha, soya chap, Maggie, many more delicious street food you will get there.
6. Withdrawal your money before Reckong peo.
7. Hike in mountain valley.
8. Do camping wherever you want to do in spiti. It's totally free.
9. If you have guts to face extreme cold, then take a dip in spiti river
10. Attend prayer at monastery
Things not to do:
1. If you are a smoker, then check the place and board before you light up your stick. There are many places you will pass through were smoking is prohibited. Otherwise be ready to pay fine.
2. Any kind or adiction and meat are not allowed inside monastery, be specific.
3. Always seek for permission if you want to take pictures with monks
4. Make sure be punctual on time if you are traveling by bus, otherwise your late can end up to extend one more day. There only one bus operate from Reckong peo to Kaza and Kaza to Reckong peo.
5. If you are planning to do hitchhike, do it during day. Don't do it on night specially in mountain, it's very unsafe.