We reached at lake (Arai Village) early in the morning & after getting a parking spot near the lake (2 KM's from the village ) , we did our requisite task to prepare for the trail. I just want to iterate that this place is still not commercialized hence please do not expect any wash-rooms or snacks/meal shops around.
- The trail was difficult in patches however if you follow the stream there are mere chances that you may get lost .
- There is nothing much to do at the first pool however the highlight of the day was the second pool , this is only 6 feet deep & a perfect spot to drench yourself without any fear of drowning but one should be cautious .
- The crystal clear water & absolute silence will take your breath away .
- Here you can easily enjoy natural fish spa , it tickles a bit but if you give it some time , you will get used to it .
- The best part for me was the third pool , it is at-least 20 Ft deep & dive into this refreshed me & I didn't want to come out of it . Please be careful & do not try to get into this if you don't know swimming or afraid of deep water .
- Beyond this point the ascent gets difficult & If you are not a professional trekker or have some one experienced with you . Please refrain from going above this point .
We covered this whole trail in approx. five hours which included the pleasure time spent in the second & third pool . We reached at pinnacle by 2:00 PM . After spending an hour at top , we descended & reached to the parking spot in less than 2 hours .
We pitched our camp near the lake , we were fortunate that grazing animals pointed this spot to us . This was a perfect night . I could see the glittering stars in the clear sky , which was a privilege for me . I can still feel the chilling water of the pool or the dive I took . I will carry these memory forever with me .
"Keep looking up! I learn from the past, dream about the future and look up. There's nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day."- Rachel Boston
I will urge to all fellow travelers who travel to these remote areas & a matter of fact to any area , please do not spoil litter your garbage in open spaces . It shouldn't be a burden to carry them back in litter bags . These places are our nation pride & we have no right to spoil them or leave the marks of our presence .It made me really sad because you will see people of made these places their dump-yard . There is no coming to clean your garbage , please be a responsible traveler or tourist .
Next morning , we started our journey back . I was lucky enough to enjoy the sugar cane straight from a farming land which reminded me of my boyhood & the time I have spent in my village . I met some most kind hearted & beautiful people , which reminded me of this quote :
"The best & the most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with heart "- Helen Keller