Now it’s time to bid adieu to Mahabalipuram and proceed to Chennai, if you have time, do visit to Kalpeshwar Temple at Chennai and if you can try visiting in ethnic wear say Lungi for guys and they have amazingly fresh flowers for girls around. Lungis are easily available around shops starting from 200 to 400 bucks. Take help from the shopkeeper to help you wear it and walk high headed around the streets in Tamil style. Beware of shoe lifters around the temple so park them safe to the paid counters ONLY.
Try to book book late evening fight for your city and leave for airport. On your way back, you’ll be carrying a big smile on your face and suit case full of memories. BON VOYAGE…..
1. Book flights to/fro from Chennai and take a road trip from Chennai to Pondi
2. Use Outstation OLA/UBER as it is cheaper than local Taxi
3. Must Visit places: Paradise-Serenity-Rock Beach, Cafe - Des arts, XTASI & Bay of Budha
4. Prefer Breakfast at the street stalls serving affordable authentic south Indian food
5. Carry Umbrella, Sunscreen, Shampoos & Body Wash (to save yourself from hard water)
6. Souvenirs to bring - Handmade lantern lights for home decor, leather items
1. Don't use auto for local travelling. Prefer rented car/bicycle/bikes
2. Beware of sunny afternoons and prepare your sightseeing accordingly
Total spends for 4 day trip would cost you nearly Rs 18K per person inclusive of all.