A family vacation over Christmas and New Year's eve to Singapore is a perfect way to explore this beautiful city-country and escape from the biting north Indian winters! The weather is at it's best in Singapore between November to February and what better time than the last week of December to soak in the sun and round the clock festivities :) There is so much to do and see that 9 days flew by at breakneck pace.
1. Gardens by the bay- The artificial ecosystem mirroring a tropical rain forest is a man made marvel
2. National Orchard and Botanical Garden- Although not in the usual "travel companies" itineraries, this is a definite must-go incase you are a nature lover :)
3. Adventure Cove water park- In the Universal Studios area, this newest attraction promises a day full of fun and happiness for you and your loved ones...try the thrilling water rides and an absolute must do is the snorkelling experience. TIP: start your day early here...you will beat the long queues...sun and have a lot more fun!
4. Universal Studios- An obvious choice. Singapore visit is incomplete without a day here...try all the rides, especially the Transformers!
5. Songs by the Sea- This laser and sound show is a good experience. There are 2 shows daily at 7 pm and 8 pm. You can take a free train from Universal studios for this attraction.
6. Shopping at Bugey's street- For all your bargain buys in clothes, accessories, phone covers and souvenirs.
7. Late night visit to Mustafa- The 24/7 shopping arcade spread across streets stocks everything you need, want and know of!
8. Marina Bay Sands Skydeck- The sheer height and sight of this marvel of a structure is an experience you must have!
9. Jurong Bird Park- The shows are marvellous. Half a day is sufficient to cover the area...make it the first half!
10. Superstar Virgo cruise- Take a 2 day cruise to High Seas if you cannot manage a longer trip, but this floating world is an absolute must-do!
Also do build in time to spend at Changi International Airport for shopping and roaming around...it's one of the best airports you will ever land in!!