Accommodation At Thenmala
They have 5 different types of accommodation.
1. The Bee Hive is a big dormitory with shared washrooms. The price is Rs. 140 a night for Indians and Rs. 300 for foreigners.
2. The Honey Comb is a cluster of budget homes. For Indian visitors, the prices are Rs. 700 for Non-AC rooms and Rs. 980 for AC cottages on weekdays. Rs. 1000 for Non-AC and Rs. 1400 for AC cottages on holidays and weekends. For international visitors, the prices are Rs. 1600 and Rs. 2000 for Non-AC and AC cottages.
3. Koodu are canopy huts on four poles with attached washrooms and balconies. Charges are Rs. 1400 on weekdays, Rs. 2000 on holidays and weekends and Rs. 2400 for international visitors.
4. The Cocoon or as they locally call it 'jungle camping' is a Swiss cottage tent with an attached bathroom and closets in the tent. They have double and triple occupancy options. Prices are Rs. 1400 on weekdays, Rs. 2000 on holidays and weekends and Rs. 2400 for international visitors.
5. The Nest is a group of Swiss cottage tents that are pitched near the riverfront. All facilities are the same as the Cocoon but the view of the river is what makes these tents more attractive. The prices are Rs. 1820 on weekdays, Rs. 2600 on weekends and holidays and Rs. 3000 for international visitors.
Have you visited Thenmala yet? Or have you spent some time at any other Eco Tourism Resort in the world? Share your story here. And if you have any questions about where to travel next, ask our community of travellers today.