Other Facilities That Are Going To Be Added
ASI is undertaking quite a few small improvement improvements to make the cave complex more accessible for both domestic and foreign tourists. Among the ones that are noteworthy:
• Increase in the number of ticket counters at Ellora.
• Setting up a centralized counter for tourists who want to hire guides.
• A single point of entry and exit for the complex to avoid chaos.
• Installation of lights for some paintings to make the outlines visible.
• Landscaping with selfie points for visitors to make their tour fun and enjoyable.
• Plans of setting up three to four toilet blocks with sanitary pad disposal machines as well (finally!!! Good news for women travellers!!).
• Setting up electric vehicle service in the cave premises (this service will start in September or October 2022).
• A route will be constructed on the upper hill for the tourists to be able to see the single monolith of Kailasa Temple surrounded by the hills!!