As I belong to Gurgaon, so I can say firmly to the travelers to visit Gurgaon once in their life. Gurgaon is not just for watching a movie at a multiplex cinema or visit a shopping mall but much more. Here is a list of top 5 things to do in Gurgaon.
1. Kingdom of Dreams is one of the first live entertainment and leisure destinations in Gurgaon. Nautanki Mahal is the main attraction of this place. Nautanki Mahal is basically an auditorium with seating capacity of 850 people. Live shows and performances are held in this auditorium everyday name Zangoora and Jhumroo.Tourists can also visit the Culture Gully, which comprises street performances, artisans and handicraft stores. It is a good place to visit for one time and spend a whole day. We saw Jhumroo, that is based on a story of a boy who wants to become a singer to impress his girlfriend. It was very nice show and the music was also nice and soothing.
2. Shri Mata Sheetla Devi Temple is one of the major Hindu pilgrimages, which is located in the Gurgaon village. This temple is crowded by Hindu devotees during the Hindu month of Chaitra (March and April). The residing deity of this temple is Shri Mata Sheetla Devi, which is made of gold polished metal. There are various legends associated with the construction of this temple, out of which one says that this temple was built by son of King Surajmal of Bharatpur. The prince was on his way to attack the Mughal ruler in Delhi, who wanted to marry the beautiful daughter of a poor carpenter of Farukh Nagar. On his way, he passed through Gurgaon and prayed to Shri Mata Sheetla Devi that if he wins the battle, he would construct a temple. After his victory over the Mughal ruler, he built the temple on this site. (reference: holidayiq.com)
3. Damdama Lake, located around 20 km south from Gurgdaon, is a popular picnic spot and this lake is one of the biggest natural lakes in Haryana. Tourists visiting this place can indulge in boating, hot air ballooning, parasailing, kayaking and fishing, camel riding. Adventure sports like rock climbing, trekking and camping are also possible in the destination. The lake is home to around 190 species of birds, including water fowl, terns, egrets and kingfisher. Best time to visit the lake is from October through March.
4. Leisure Valley is a popular garden and tourist attraction in Gurgaon and features a musical fountain, rides, restaurants, jogging track and garden. At night, the fountains are illuminated and water flows out in the rhythm of latest songs. This is a perfect hangout for two, more than two or an entire family. You can have full masti. Kids can play all sort of games, elders can have a walk, family can sit together and share eatables, enjoy fountain sitting on carpet green grass. The most interesting thing about this place is that many musical shows and live performance take place in this garden. So if you are planning to visit Gurgaon then check the upcoming event dates and make your experience valuable.
*Leisure Valley Park is just in front on Kingdom of dream. You can visit both on same day.
5. Last but not the least thing that you can enjoy while in Gurgaon I.e Cyber Hub. It’s no secret Cyber Hub is one of Gurgaon’s star players, and it manages to make even Dilliwalas make the drive. As home to over 40 restaurants, including bars, cafes and fast food joints. It is also known as paradise for foodies. It doesn’t matter that you belong to which place you can get your favorite food here easily.
If you have ever visit to Gurgaon or want to visit then please let me know by message or comment. I will surely help you about it.
Frequent Searches Leading To This Page:-
places to visit in gurgaon, things to do in gurgaon, resorts in gurgaon, weekend gateway, weekend getaways from gurgaon, gurgaon tourism