How to Reach?
Placed strategically, right across City Palace, Jaipur, this can be easily accessed by local means of transport when visiting Jaipur. One of the known cashless cities, even the autorickshaws take GooglePay!!
Best Time to Visit:
October to March (but winter is perhaps the best time !)
9:00am to 6:30pm
• Indians – INR 50
• Indian Students – INR 20
• Foreigners – INR 200
• Foreign Students – INR 100
Gangori Bazaar, J.D.A. Market, Pink City, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002
0141 261 0494
You can book here. Any monument across Rajasthan can be booked here.
• This is an open area so perhaps it is better to wear a hat or carry an umbrella as the heat can get intense during afternoons even if it’s winter.
• Carry a bottle of water to beat the heat.
• The tour around Jantar Mantar involves quite a walk so wear comfortable shoes.
• You cannot tour this place without a guide. So it is essential you take one. Otherwise all the beautiful "yantras" or instruments will merely remain "background objects" for selfies.
Places to Visit Around Jantar Mantar:
1. City Palace Jaipur
Founded by the founder of the city - Sawai Jai Singh II, this palace is one of the major tourist attractions and also a place where a lot of movie shoots take place.