The next day was planned for Gurudongmar Lake, which I shall be posting soon (yet to filter the photographs).
How to get to North Sikkim :
1) Multiple trains to Siliguri and NJP station from across India.
2) Nearest Airport - Bagdogra.
3) To Gangtok - You can have your own personal cab (small hatchbacks starting from INR 2000 /-) or hop on to a shared SUV (300 /- per person ). Buses are comfortable as well (INR 150 /- per seat) but enquire about their timing before heading for the bus stand.
4) Head for the Chungthang/Lachung taxi stand (Yes, they have multiple taxi stands). Local taxis are readily available from one stand to another.
Where to stay :
1) If you are reaching NJP/Siliguri late, multiple budget hotels are available nearby the station. Avoid travelling at night for two reasons :
i) You don’t get to enjoy the serene view
ii) Better daylight drive through the spiral mountain roads (that’s my personal view though)
2) In Gangtok, you won’t fall short of hotels unless your stars are really not in a trip mood!
3) Normally tourist stay at Lachung, which boasts of a number of Inns, homestays and resorts.
Too many websites for hotels, so saving my energy here.
Hotels staff would be gladly providing the cabs for your next day trip. I would suggest enquiring over phone as well so that you have a rough estimate of the charges during the season you are travelling.
IMPORTANT : There might be requirement of getting passes issued for travelling to certain areas. Make sure to carry passport sized photographs, identity and address proofs.
In case you want to know more about the trip, please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com