2. Three days two nights
Gangtok- Chungthang- Lachen (Stay overnight at Lachen)
Lachen- Chopta Valley- Gurudongmar Lake-Lachung (Stay overnight at Lachung)
Lachung- Yumthang Valley – Zero point - Gangtok
If you are hiring an SUV for your own, you can customize it according to your plans and number of days.
What to Eat and Drink
Chicken Momos, Noodles, Thukpas, Maggie, Masala Tea
Best Time to Visit
February-June (For experiencing multi hued beauty of nature),
October- January (For experiencing white beauty of nature)
Things you should know before the start of the journey
• The most important thing you should take care of is permit. Reach at least one-two days prior to your actual journey date so that you could arrange permits easily.
• Come here with heavy woollens. Even in May –June, you will require heavy woollen to enjoy North Sikkim. It can be rented also in Yumthang Valley and Lachen.
• The information available on Google map and GPS may not be correct completely for hotel location and travel time.
• This place is prone to landslides in rainy season.
• Acute mountain sickness (AMS) is common at such high altitude, so acclimatize yourself well and take medicines with you.
• Keep GINGER AND CAMPHOR with you to avoid high altitude sickness.
• Sudden rainfalls are quite common, so be prepared.
• If you are going to hire the whole SUV, be prepared to burn a hole in your pocket.
• If you are going to share a taxi, be ready to understand and adjust with 9 other people. Initially, it looks like a tedious task, but after knowing all of them, it will be more fun than adjustment.