1. Visit Full Moon Cafe, a place which became my favourite in Havelock. The variety of cuisines on offer is so wide that we had most of our meals here. More than the food, it was the cafe's vibe that I really enjoyed. There were books one could read, two adorable golden retrievers who'd be playing around and even a pet snake called Tristan in their garden! Located right on the beach, you can take a quick dip or relax on hammocks.
2. You can then opt for an afternoon dive with DIVEindia, a diving school that is located within the premises of the cafe. There are a few diving options that you can choose from. If you don't want to learn diving or don't have enough time to, you can opt for their 'Try Diving' package where you can take a:
- Half-day introductory Discover Scuba Diving session, consisting of in-water training, one guided dive with an instructor, dive log and registration with PADI (Rs. 4,500)
- Half-day boat trip and Discover Scuba Diving session, consisting of in-water training, one guided dive with an instructor, dive log and registration with PADI (rs. 6,500)
You can check out more diving options with PADI here.
If you're opting for a dive, expect to spend at least 3-4 hours involved in the activity.
3. For lunch, you can check out Anju Coco restaurant located near DIVEindia and Full Moon Cafe.
4. For sunset, head to Kala Paththar Beach, which, as the name suggests is lined with black rocks that offers a stark contrast to the blue sea and skies.
Day 5: At Havelock Island
1. There's an experience at Havelock that not many know of – Kayaking to witness the night sky and bioluminescence. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience where you kayak over the ocean in the middle of the night and enjoy magical sights. This experience is offered only on specific days, depending upon the phase in which the moon is. In case you're interested, you can drop me a message and I'll help you with the contact details.