Colorful prayer flags all over, peaceful monasteries, toughest people with warmest heart and nature's generous wonders, that's what North East is for you.
This blog was going to be a little bit longer. Reason being the duration of the trip and some extra Gyaan. I'm writing it in two parts. This part is about Tawang Valley. Part 2 is about Meghalaya. If you only want the itinerary, head to Day 1. If you want some "दिल से बातें" and tips, keep reading.
I graduated this year. Grad Trips are very popular and indeed a great way to live quality moments with your best friends. I have had 2 grad trips already and was completely broke.
I literally wished to have a friend who could say "पैसा हाथ का मैल होता है, मेरी savings किस दिन काम आयेंगी?"
Haha! I was that friend for myself. So I decided to go on this expensive special trip with two of my best friends. However, I'm gonna tell you how to minimize the cost without compromising on the experience.
Things to keep in mind:
1. The costliest part of our trip was the rented car. It costed us around ₹ 52 k for three people for duration of 10 days. This could definitely be reduced. Form a group with more number of people, opt for local transport, negotiate more with vendors or don't book online.
2. We took flights from Ahmedabad-Guwahati, which costed around ₹ 7.5 k (round trip). Prior planning and coupons to the rescue!
3. You can find really cheap sumptuous meal options almost everywhere in the entire Northeast India. This will cost you ₹ 80-100 for veg and 100-120 for non veg food.
4. There are plenty of home stays and hotels. Online prices are usually higher than the offline ones. So reach the place, go and see around, bargain a little and book. We never paid more than ₹ 1500 (500/person) at any place even in Guwahati. When in doubt trust locals, always!
5. Get a good friendly driver. It matters a lot and you will realize it once you read further. Get someone who likes travelling basically his work.
6. Stay at, eat and interact with locals. Tourism is one of the major sources of their scant income. Let's support them for the love of the beautiful places earth has given us.
7. Make a really good playlist of your favorite songs. You will be getting enough time to listen really a lot of songs.
Pro tip: People of Tawang Valley to be extremely stylish so level up your style game or get some tips from them.
Let's see the itinerary now!