Krabi Kart Speedway is situated between Krabi town and Ao Nang. With a crooked track going between limestone cliffs, it is a cool place to try your hand at the energising activity of go karting.
Other places you can visit in Krabi: Thung Teao Forest Park, Treetop Adventure Park, Ao Nam Mao Outdoor Aquarium, Giant Catfish Farm, Caves in Ao Luk District.
Hotels with clubs/facilities for kids: Golden Beach Resort, Krabi Resort and Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort.
What to eat with kids
Stressing over food is an inevitable parental ordeal and the caprices of youngsters' food choices are further complicated by a cuisine known for its spiciness. You can consider the following dishes for your child, which are easily available in most restaurants:
• Kow kai jeeo – Omelette
• Gai yahng/tort – Grilled/fried chicken
• Khao Neeo Mamuang – Thai sweet sticky rice with mango
• Kai Med Ma Muang – Chicken stir-fried with cashew nuts
• Kow man gai – Hainanese chicken rice
• Som Tum – Green papaya salad
• Tom Kha Kai – Chicken in coconut soup
• Pad Thai – Thai-style fried noodles
• Khao Pad – Fried rice
Getting around in Thailand
Commuting in Thailand is easy and inexpensive. There are many ways to get around, including buses, metro and skytrain, metered taxis, tuk-tuks, ferries and motorbike taxis.
• Attempt one major activity in a day and try to schedule it in the morning, when the kids are full of energy. Spend your evenings relaxing and strolling around.
• If your child is a toddler, make sure you take an umbrella stroller. It will help you move around with ease on uneven streets.
• Thailand is known for its adult entertainment, so research thoroughly before you finalise on a location.
• Keep your children hydrated. There are plenty of 7-Eleven stores in Thailand, so you don't have to carry a water bottle everywhere.
• You can make your trip to Thailand more memorable if your child knows a bit about the country and its culture in advance.
• Don't panic and be prepared for your children to be adored by the Thai people.
A destination can't get better than Thailand. Safe, delightful and simple to get around, the nation offers almost all pleasantries of the west, while holding a considerable amount of the old Thai culture and hospitality.
Travelling is a great way of learning new things and opening up to different cultures and people. Don't fuss too much, and let your child take in the new world!
Need more tips for planning your Thailand trip? Ask Tripoto.ai.