We had an onwards flight from Dehradun around 5 pm, hence we caught the first bus in the morning leaving from Joshimath at 5 am. We reached Jolly Grant Airport comfortably before our flight and after a brief stop over at Delhi, we reached Amchi Mumbai right on time for some homemade dinner.
Total trip cost : 15k per head for group of 2
Can be reduced to 12k if you travel in a group of 5-6.
Rest travel: 5k
Badrinath stay: Modest guest house 500rs per night
Ghagaria stay- Nanda lokpal 1.7k rs for 2 days
Joshimath stay- 1.8k for one night
1) keep atleast 2 days more for the itinerary. We were lucky to rush things as the weather suited us. 1 more day for Neelkanth trek ( we missed it due to time constraint). If you cannot, don't wait or cancel because you never get enough days. just go for it with 5 days and see that it gets done.
2) Keep hydrating yourself during the entire trip.
3) choose anytime after 1st week of august and before last week of September. Preferably the 1st week of September is the best time as per the locals.
4) leave as early as possible. Avoid trekking /travelling after sundown
5) Don'miss the stay at dream mountain resort in Joshimath. Stay in the swiss tents and treat yourself with the best kali daal from their kitchen.
6) Don't litter and keep the trail clean not for the others but to witness the same joy when you might visit the place in again.