When we speak of Goa, we are immediately transported to visuals of stunning beaches, churches, beer and nightlife however there is so much more to Goa than the above.
Today we will take you through the less popular and offbeat destinations we suggest visiting the next time you think of Goa.
1. Our most fav beach has to be Palolem situated at the southernmost tip of Goa known for its white sand, calm waters, palm trees, colorful wooden shacks, and silent disco nightlife.
2. Explore the jungle experience by staying in traditional mud houses at Nature's resort in Surla, Sancordem
3. If you love to watch and photograph birds, then go for bird sighting trails at Sancordem and sight various species of local and migratory birds.
4. Visit Tambdi Surla, one of the 12th century Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva during the Kadamba dynasty. Location: Tambdi Surla Village inside Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary
5. Go for night open jeep safari at Bhagwan wildlife Sanctuary and spot various species of birds and animals like gaurs, bison, owl, deers, and if your lucky you can spot a leopard too. Well, we were lucky to spot one which was absolutely a rare sighting as per the locals.
6. Visit the popular four tiered Dudhsagar waterfalls through the government organized jeep safari in Mollem.
7. If your an ardent beach lover and want to avoid crowds, visit Bogmalo, Hollant, Cola, Betalbatim, Agonda,Cavelossim beaches in South Goa. If your in the north side, we suggest visiting Arambol, Ashwem, Morjim and Sinquerim beaches.
8. Visit Fontainhas, the Latin quarter of Panaji, dotted with colorful buildings soaked in Portuguese architecture.
9. One cannot leave Goa without trying sorpotel, vindaloo, coconut fish curry (xacutti) , grilled lamb steak, prawns fry, and stuffed crab. Few of our fav restaurants being Martin's corner at Betalbatim, Infantaria at Calangute, German Bakery at Palolem.
10. No trip to Goa is complete without visiting the immaculate churches of Goa. Our fav being Mae De Deus Church (Saligao), Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception
11. Our latest edition to the South Goa list is Patnem beach, located close to Palolem. This one is defintely an offbeat location considering Palolem has gained popularity now. We suggest staying at this beach and then riding towards Palolem to visit the cafes and experience the water sport activities.
12. Galgibhag beach is a little paradise tucked away at the extreme end of South Goa quite close to the Karnataka border. This turtle nesting secluded beach is a must visit for its splendid sunsets and tranquility. This is not a tourist spot so will not get a lot of hotels or shacks here. There are one or two makeshift eateries here which you can visit if your hungry.
Namma Bengaluru - Capital City of Karnataka