1. Chakrata is famour for it's Rajma( Lobiya in local Language) and also Apples
2. It is a cantonment Area with Limited lodging options.
3. Just before Chakrata there is a risky and tricky stretch where frequent landslides happen. You will always see 2-3 JCB stationed there. Kindly be carefull while negotiating this stretch.
4. Road to Budher Caves is not in Good Condition for atleast 8-10Kms.
5. Nights can be chilly hence it is advisable to always carry a jacket with you.
6. Also Umbrella is must as rainfall can happen anytime.
7. While coming from Delhi, take the Paunta Sahib Road via Karnal and Yamuna Nagar as the roads are good with less traffic.