By the end of the trip, you would probably be thankful to BMRCL for the joyful metro rides.
As you can see, most places are in vicinity to metro routes, thus avoids traffic. The maximum distance you’ll have to cover by road would be for HAL Museum, i.e. 6 kms from Swami Vivekananda Metro Station.
City Tips :
• Don’t be worried about language barrier here as most people can understand Hindi and English very well.
• Since you’ll be travelling in Metro for most parts, I’ll suggest you buy a smart card instead of token tickets. Apart from the 15% discounted fares, It’ll help you save time as you won’t have to stand in queue, plus you have the flexibility to exit at any station.
• The smart card comes with a 5 year validity, so can also help you in your future visits to the city. Although the recharged amount is valid for a year only.
• Got Baggage? Well, that’s no trouble! If you’ll be travelling by train, you can put your baggage at some store inside Orion mall, which is near to Yeshwantpur Junction.
• In case travelling by flight, you have Central mall at MG Road as the alternate. Of-course, you can use other facilities like Railway cloak room, but that’ll involve time and money.
1. Lalbagh Botanical Garden