August itself was a month we were all waiting
for , since it had almost a long weekend during
the initial week itself, so my family planned to go to Shringeri . But during that time the rains started so heavily that most part of
Shringeri was flooded and our plan got cancelled .
The next question what shall we do because we were all mentally prepared to go ,we
badly needed break and all the nearest gateways were blocked due to rains .
But we didn’t lose hope and we opted for Chinchoti Waterfalls, Naigaon .
To be honest we couldn’t finish the trek due to time constraints and weather conditions and since I went with my family where most of them are a bit old ,we didn't want to risk it but the overall journey till we reached was very
beautiful and serene .All you can hear is the running of water stream and the noise of the birds .
I will be putting up all details about how to reach , things to carry , so you have atleast
have an idea and plan accordingly .
How to reach :
1 . Get down at Naigaon station .
2 . Walk towards Naigaon east and catch up rickshaw.
3. The rickshaws can take max 6 people and charges Rs 25 per head . Need to travel around 20-25 minutes and will drop you at the entrance of Chinchoti Waterfalls (which is not the base though ) .
4. From the gate you can either walk which might take an hour (depends on your walking) ,else you can take another rickshaw which again he will charge Rs 20 per head .
If traveling by rickshaw do request him to come back to pick you up after your trek is over . Remember to take his number .He will
be dropping you off at the base .
After this your trek begins .
Things to carry :
2. Water bottle
3. Mosquito Repellent
5. Extra bag to collect your trash
Things you should be careful :
1. Do not wear black clothes . ( There are lot of mosquitoes and insects )
2. Wear full length tights and full hand tshirt (preferably which dries easily)
3. Do apply Odomos .
4. Request your autorickshaw guy to pick you up after your trek is over because you don’t get rickshaws easily .So take his contact number.
5. Start trek as soon as possible so that you can reach the base before it get darks.
I do not know how the waterfall is because we pretty much couldn't reach that point . But we could see the the water that was coming and since it is a rainy season the water force was more .
Plan your trip accordingly and share your experiences .