This post is for the people who often ask themselves questions like -
a) Why should I travel?
b) Why should I spend money on vacations?
c) What does travel give me in return?
Well, to answer these questions is why I am writing this post. Take a look at some of the reasons to motivate you, and see which ones ring true for you.
1) Because travel helps you get in touch with yourself. We all tend to forget the 'real us' under a plethora of responsibilities. Traveling helps us to unveil ourselves every time we take an exciting journey.
2) Because you will be able to try different cuisines in the world. Even if you get those dishes in your home country, it cannot match the authentic version in the country where the dish belongs to. And eating local food with local people is far more exciting. All the travelers will agree on this.
3) Because you get to learn new languages, at least the greetings, thank you and sorry. It feels so nice to say 'Danke' to a local in Germany and receive 'Bitte' with his warm smile. The more you can speak the local language, the better you will be at local shopping, bargaining.
4) Because travel makes you feel happy. Ask yourself or anybody else how your last vacation was, the answer will always be like - 'it was amazing', 'it was fun', it was too good', 'i want to go back there'. Have you ever heard a response like - 'don't remind me of the vacation' or 'it was boring and bad'. We are sometimes just not aware of how happy we feel before, while and after traveling. Do note this from the next time.
5) Because travel makes you feel confident. Most of us won't even care about the bus routes in our own city thinking it to be too complicated to put our minds into. But we are always keen on finding out the public transport routes or navigating our way to unfamiliar places in a foreign country and even do it the right way. And doing this gives us a sense of confidence and freedom.
6) Because travel gives you some cool and adventurous stories to tell to your grandchildren and the memories will still be so fresh in your mind. The best lessons you can give to the youngest lot in the family is through real stories and real adventures. Tell them the story associated with each photo.
7) Because travel makes you modest. It shows you what a tiny place you occupy in the world. We are nothing but a bunch of patterns that eat, breath, speak, see, touch and feel the same things differently.
8) Because travel makes it possible to be anonymous. Most of us give so much importance to our social strata and family reputation that we literally end up dressing, behaving, talking and even breathing the way our social position expects us to. Traveling knows no social and financial differences. It treats all of us in the same way. Enjoy not being judged by anyone. Enjoy the anonymity.
Do check out https://bulbulonthewing.com/2019/06/06/11-tips-to-live-your-travel/
9) Because travel makes you learn about different cultures and become more accepting and open-minded. It is not merely a way of living. Every culture has an interesting story or reason behind it. Immerse yourself in the culture of the country. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. And you will not regret that. This is, in fact, the most interesting aspect of travel.
9) Because life is too short and you are not guaranteed old age. Putting travel aside thinking that they can travel after retirement is the most idiotic thing most people do. Just take every damn opportunity to see the places on this stunning planet as much as you can.
10) Because travel makes your relationship with your partner(s) stronger than before. When you and your partner travel this gorgeous planet and explore the destinations together, you naturally bond with each other stronger than before. The reason is simple. While traveling, you unplug yourself from the rest of the world and connect only with your partner. You might fall in love with your partner all over again. Travel with your partner as much possible.
11) Lastly, travel just for the hell of it. We've got only one life and it is absolutely not meant to be spent in the only world we know. We are occupying only a microscopic part in this world.
These are surely some of the reasons to travel.
Take out that world map you have been marking till now, to pass your geography test. Mark and leave your footprints in real. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.