Do you often need to catch connecting flights or commute between terminals from IGI Airport in Delhi to Noida's Jewar Airport? Does it require you to plan your journey quite ahead to account for the travel between these two airports? If yes, there's some good news for you!
In approximately three and a half years, the distance between Delhi's International Airport and Noida's International Airport can be reached in just 21 minutes by boarding a train at Sarai Kale Khan and Varanasi Bullet Train, as per recent reports.
What's in the house for people catching a transit flight?
1. The 95- kilometre journey will be reduced to 21 minutes.
2. A road link Ballabhgarh-Jewar will be built from Delhi.
3. A metro rail line with 4-5 stations will run between INA and Shivaji Stadium.
What's the actual plan of this project?
1. The Noida airport will have one runway at first, and around 90% of air traffic will be domestic in the first few years, according to the development agreement.
2. The planning is complete, and indeed the government plans to begin construction as soon as possible so that it may be delivered to the airport by the time we begin operations."
3. Focus on digitalisation to provide passengers with contactless services.
4. Emphasising quick connecting times to make it easier for passengers to connect and for the airline to reduce the amount of time the plane is on the ground, lowering costs.
5. Yamuna International Airport Private Limited (YIAPL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Zurich Airport International, formed to build the greenfield Noida airport in Jewar.
6. The first phase of the airport is currently under construction, with a completion date of 2023.
Delhi is going to follow a hassle-free travel approach for all the travellers out there. If you think we've missed out on a detail of this fabulous introduction in India, Please drop your comments in the Comments section below, and Earn Tripoto Credits!
Explore the best of travel inspiration on Tripoto Instagram!