First thing first, I have to get ready and where can I find a place which would let me get ready for free?
Gurudwara! (Temple where Sikh worship) They often have a spare bathroom and sometimes rooms for travellers.
I started my travelling then by asking a local so that I can have knowledge about other places which I might not have because I was solely dependent on the internet especially Google and TripAdvisor.
So, after setting up my to do list I started looking for rides. A motorbike actually I was looking for as they have the highest possibility of giving a ride.
Well there are certain fundamentals of hitchhiking which you need to keep in mind:
1. Find a place where the probability of rides is better. Like Petrol Pumps, signals, where road diverges or near speed breakers which can help you to exchange one or two statements in your favour.
2. Know which direction you need to follow and stand on that side of the road where you'll expect vehicles to go.
3. Don't panic if you're not getting any rides soon enough, believe me, your ride will come, just keep yourself composed. And it was you who chose to hitchhike so there's no need of sulking.
4. Try as much as to be optimistic, because there are times where you won't be seeing any vehicle and you are the only one stranded on a highway.
5. Use common sense and listen to your instincts. (this needs to be on top)