1. Balvantgad Fort near Ashoka falls
2. Popular Land (just another green field with a reservoir)
3. Teen Ladi Chowk (for view of train tracks amidst greenery)
4. Vipassana Centre (Must visit for architecture if you haven’t been to Pagoda before)
5. Tringalwadi Dam & Fort
6. Vaki Lake – Upper Vaitarna Reservoir
Nearby destinations for extended weekend:
1. Bhandardhara (You can visit Bhandardhara Dam, Umbrella falls, Randha Falls, Sandhan Valley, Ratangad Fort, etc)
2. Nasik & Trimbak (Plan a Vineyard trip to Sula/ Soma/ Vallonne. You can also visit Gangapur dam, Ajaneri hills, Pandavleni caves and places of religious importance such as Trimbakeshwar, Trivengi Sangam, etc.)
3. Jawhar (This is place lesser known to people with attractions like Jai Vilas Palace, Old Palace, Dabhosa waterfalls.)
Where to Stay?
Though Igatpuri is more of a day trip place, one can always opt for an extended trip to other nearby places like we did. Many tourist simply come here to Stay at resorts just for some escape from hectic lifestyle.
There are various resort and villas available in Igatpuri, all clustered nearby. You can easily find one as per your price range. Since we were on a budget trip, we opted to stay at ‘Hotel Ashwin’. The hotel was very well maintained with a small park and pool facility. While room and service was pretty good for the price, food was decent. Overall it was totally value for money.