13. Lahaul Spiti is the 2nd Least populous district out of 640 districts in India with a population of 31564, according to 2011 census.
14. The 500+ years old Giu Mummy in the village of Spiti is supposedly, of a Buddhist lama. Discovered officially by ITBP forces that were working on a road in the region, it's believed to have hair and nails that are still growing!
15. Spiti is considered one of the most fossil rich areas in the world by the Geological Survey of India and the Geological Society of America.
16. Here is the direct map link for Spiti Valley: https://goo.gl/maps/WmqZtNezxQH4YmFMA
17. Spiti is surrounded by Tibet in the East, Ladakh in the North, Kullu and Lahaul in the South and Kinnaur in the South East
18. Spiti Valley is scarcely inhabited with the majority of the population being Tibetans