There are various no of reasons why Rishikesh is the best location for white water rafting amongst all the other places.
1. Unlike other places Rishikesh is near to the heart of the country I.e. Delhi which makes it easily approachable in a day. It is one of the best weekend escape… Hence if someone wants to wash his evils by holy dip in Ganges then it's better to go for rafting then Haridwar ????????
2. It is connected via road and train. Hence one can catch a bus or train and if someone is a road trip enthusiast then riding down is the best option to make your adventure more thrilling… the soothing highway, the small roads and the curvy mountains, this road trip has it all in a limited distance. It makes us enjoy the ride without exhausting ourselfs before the start of our adventure…
3. Rishikesh offers a lot more than just rafting. Here one can have asia’s highest and India’s only bungy jump, flying fox and other adventure activities along with numerous camping location which are the best for refreshing from the exhausted mind, full of week’s work.
4. This trip can be planned in any time of the year except June to September.
5. The whole package in Rishikesh is economical as compare to the various other locations…. Hence anyone can plan for it but someone said once the best trips are the one without planning… hence Rishikesh is one such place you don't need to plan much and check your pocket every now and then.
The drive to Rishikesh is 6 hrs of journey from Delhi… it's a wonderful mega highway till Roorkee where your bike will be flying cross 100 and you can enjoy the smooth road… then comes a bit rough patch while crossing Roorkee and ahead is again a clean highway till Haridwar. From Haridwar one will taste the beginning of Himalayan mountains and its curvy roads seducing you.
Rishikesh city provides packages for everyone, like whether if you want to do camping and rafting combo or single part alone. One can take a camping package to spend the night. Some enthusiast also pitch their own tents and make their own bonfire... but the point is, one must spend a night near river bed, tent at one side, bonfire to other with music in background, some beer in hand and most importantly your best bud along with you to cherish this moment with you(thanks to my coursemate for being part of this). In the morning, the camps also provide lots of sports activities like volleyball, trekking and various other things. after having a decent breakfast one can move on to the task of the day. These camping sites provide all three meals of the day. The Garhwali cooks best known for their spicy food will provide the homely meals which is being enjoyed by all.
Note: Rishikesh is a dry town. Hence it's better to carry liquor from starting or one have to drive down till Shivpuri or raiwala to get liquor.