Train Route from BKK airport to Wat Arun:
- Airport to Makkasan airport terminal- cityline- it takes 20-25mins and 35-45 TBH Per person ticket. Frequency of train every 15 min. There are automated ticket vending machines.
- From Makkasan terminal take the 5 min Skywalk towards right and walk to Petchaburi station.
- Take next train from Petchaburi to Hua Lamphong-18-20 mins . Direct train from Petchaburi to itsaraphap was not available when I visited and last stop was Hua lamphong. Please cross check while you take this route
- Take train from Hua Lamphong to Itsaraphap -10 min
- From Itsaraphap to Wat Arun it's a 10 minute Walk.
I was back to airport in the evening following same train route to catch early morning flight to my home country. Most of the trains runs till midnight but just cross check on the day if any train services are stopped early in evening by 9-10 pm so that you can plan your return to airport accordingly if you decide to travel by train only.