I have never been to a place more beautiful, more picturesque and more majestic than Bali and you will know why! We planned a 10 day long trip and I still can't forget the variety this place offers: Beaches, Culture, Temples, Greenery, you name it all and Bali has it, including heavy traffic.
Few helpful tips:
1. We booked a Mum- Denpasar flight with Jet Airways. Layover in Singapore and then final destination: BALI ( no transit visa is needed in Singapore)
2. On arriving in Bali, just go to the immigration counter and get a stamp on the passport. It’s a visa exemption stamp and one doesn’t need a visa if the stay is less than 30 days.
3. We carried around 650 US dollars from India. ( make sure you carry notes of 100 as the exchange rate depends on the denomination of note provided)
4. Exchange only some at the airport to get through the transfer part from the airport.
5. SIM cards are expensive in the airport so prefer buying from the place where you stay.
6. Only exchange currency from authorised money changer such as Bali Bestrate and the likes. No matter how lucrative other places seem, better to exchange from authorised places.
7. Scooters are easily available on rent and that’s the best way to explore the city.
8. We made transfer arrangements from airport to our hotels with the help of Wayan Sutarka (firstname.lastname@example.org) and he was more than helpful and ensured our ride was smooth. We also planned a one day trip with him and for 9 hours he charged us around 40 USD.