1) For ILP (mandatory), you should have couple photographs, xerox id and 51rs. The Nagaland House is open even on 1st and 3rd Sat.
2) Royal Cruiser and Shyamoli Paribahan are two popular bus services on Siliguri route.
3) At Serene homestay, there is dormitory style bedding in the terrace (250rs) or a 3 sharing room (400rs per person).
4) Remember to take maps from Byron, Heprit, Monjit.
5) For Blue Lagoon, look out for view of the stream. Cross over moss covered rocks and then climb down a ladder.
6) For Nohkalikai and Dzukou treks, obvious but still, wear full sleeves, carry first aid and adequate water and snacks (biscuits/snickers).
7) Lower Sohra is marked with plenty of guesthouses which I’m guessing would be cheap. I have some contacts if you wish.
8) I had read people have done Zakhama trail on their own, hence my attempt but see what happened. Better to take a guide. Applies for Viswema route as well.
9) The Blue Bayou charged 500rs per bed with complimentary breakfast. You know where to spend (save) your money.
10) Central region is a hot spot in Kaziranga, hence a bit expensive compared to other zones.