It was already 11.30pm and i thought to wait for traveler to drop me till delhi and i found 8 more guys were waiting with me on the same spot. I felt little unsecured there and decided to stay overnight in Manali. I took help for a auto driver who showed me some hotels but it was a weekend the whole manali was almost jammed with people. But fortunately one lady who was owner of a hotel helped me by offering her guest house. Yeah she charged me 1000/- INR too but that was acceptable to me. Next day i woke up late as i was hell tired. Took my bus in evening at 5 and reached delhi at 9.00 am next day. Straight to my office!
- Book tickets prior 4 months if you wish to travel during march to Aug. Normally would be around 10k both sides. Air Fair from Delhi to Leh is cheaper comparatively to leh to delhi. In that case to can come via road from leh to delhi which will hardly charge you 1000/-INR. Only if your comfortable in travelling in local buses.
- Home stays in leh are cheaper and between 500 to 1000/- you can find a descent place and another option could be ZOSTEL where you can find travelers like you. Single bed will charge around 600/-.
- Advisable to hire a bike or book a cab on sharing basis.
-Carry portable oxygen cans if you have any breathing related problems or you are above 40 and not regular on exercise. They are easily available on amazon and at local shops. Carry Dimox which will maintain your oxygen level throughout the journey.
- Avoid Smoking and consumption of alcohol (beer is fine). Brandy could be used as an option.
- The best option is to book your trip from COX AND KINGS
for any other information pls feel free to contact me .
ONCE GET LEH'ED IN LADAKH