A few tips for Aurangabad;
1) Carry water while you go around. Reasons - its quite hot in Aurangabad, and water shops might be distance apart.
2) Walk on foot for nearby places, as they easily accessible.
3) If you eat at a restaurant, these places might offer packaged drinking water for Rs. 10. However if you have not had a meal in these restaurants and ask for water, you will be asked to pay Rs. 12 or Rs. 15 (A smart marketing strategy to make people eat at these places).
4) Standard distant auto rates will be mostly Rs. 15. Do not go for anything beyond this.
5) The train journey from Bombay is approximately 8 hours to & fro. Better have a good rest prior and post your trip, as the trains have mostly seats, hardly sleeper. Oh! and fight for your seat !
Trip cost (without train fares):
Water : Rs 15 X3 X3 days : Rs 135
Meals : Total : Rs 400
Stay : Rs 500
Bus fares : ~ Rs. 100
Auto Fares : Rs. 50
Tea : Rs. 50
Total : Rs 1300 (approx)
Well, a trip to Aurangabad is worth for a good extended weekend gateaway.
Its best you have company on the trip, whether friends, or 1-minute strangers to make your trip memorable.
A message, from this trip - It made me set base for an upcoming trip, and that is...... (to be continued, in the next Travel Blog !)