With these two metro services, about 40% of the city’s total transport demand will be met, providing much-needed relief for the city’s decongestion and environmental pollution.
After an initial six-year moratorium, KMRC will repay the JICA loan over 30 years. The interest rate is between 1.2% to 1.6%. The East-West project is 74% owned by India’s Railway Ministry, while the nation’s Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs owns the rest at 26%.
Think we missed out on something? Tell us about it in the comments below. Or write about it here on Tripoto and earn Tripoto Credits!
Get travel inspiration from us daily! Save our number and send a Whatsapp message on 9599147110 to begin!
Explore the best of travel inspiration on Tripoto Instagram!