- Googled a lot about places to visit, stay and about travel rates of cars from Bangalore to Coorg. Found few good Hotels. We were planning a budget tour. We considered many options and calculated the cost by planning in a various ways. Thought about Kodaikanal realized there are less places of interests when compared to Coorg. We also thought about sightseeing could not understand how to plan. I mean the distance from one place to other and hiring a cab they were charging a lot. Checked flight fares to various destinations as nearest airports to Coorg Nearest airports to Coorg are Mysore, Mangalore and Bangalore. From Mysore, Coorg is 120 kilometers away, the Mangalore airport is 135 kilometer far and the airport at Bangalore is 260 kilometers away. Nearest rail-heads to Coorg are at Mysore, Mangalore and Hassan (146 kilometers). We selected to fly to Bangalore coz flight from Hyderabad to Bangalore are cheaper and wanted to cut down the cost.
- After a lot of research found a Coorg govt website in which there were few good packages. Booked a package for 2 Nights and 3 Days including home stay, food excluding lunch, sightseeing, Innova pick up and drop (from Bangalore to Coorg 244 kilometers one way and dropping back to the airport at the end of the tour). Package cost was 16k for four people, which we booked a month before and also requested for a Hindi speaking driver.
-Follow the weather conditions as my husband did and he got to know about continuous rains. Carried extra clothes and Rain proof Jackets thanks to Decathlon store got everything under one roof.
- Carry medicines always as we never know where the home stay would be and if there are any stores around.
- If you are going for a home stay make sure you buy disposable plates, spoons, and glasses from the nearest town.
- Be careful while using your debit and credit cards. On all the tourist places not only Coorg as there are chances of card fraud.
- There are many fresh spices stores, souvenir stores and you also get varieties of homemade wines.