I recently got back from a short trip to Thailand. It was quite an exciting experience trying to navigate through the places and make the most out of my time there.
There were quite a few things that I learnt, so I thought I would share some quick and easy tips to help you out in case you are planning a trip to this stunning destination.
Here are 5 things that you should definitely make note of to ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip.
- Buy a local SIM card at the airport - there are some very affordable deals; you will find it super helpful for navigation and co-ordination.
- Language can be a hindrance as not everyone speaks English. If you are travelling by local buses and walking around asking for directions – get someone to write the name of your destination in Thai – that in itself is winning half the battle!
- Street Food – The cheapest and best food you will find across Thailand is on the streets. There’s a vast variety of sumptuous eats that can ensure unique meals for an entire week. It’s quite safe and healthy as well, so no worries there.
- Internal Travel - If travelling by buses internally around Thailand, make sure you book your bus tickets a day early- else you may have to end up altering your travel plans.
- Local Guidance - Advice from the locals though not always accurate, is quite reliable. From bus routes to best local massage centres, areas to visit – even fares to pay the tuk tuk. Taking their word on it is a fairly reasonable.
Will share my detailed trip itinerary and more insights about all the cities in another post.