Tarkarli has got almost the whole lot of what the travel freaks have got in the check list before drawing the travel plan to a beach destination. It have virgin beaches, white sand, clear turquoise water, a range of water-sports (Scuba Diving, Snorkelling, Parasailing & many more!!), Backwaters, intact culture, great sea food and lot more!! This particular part of Maharastra is relatively unexplored. Perfect for visit with acquaintances!!
(If you are looking forward for a trip to Tarkarli for water-sports mainly you must plan the trip during the months of October – February when the sky is clear & sunny.)
How We Got There:
Tarkarli is very close to Goa. Hence, that makes Tarkarli nearest to Dabolim airport, Goa.
It is well connected with Mumbai & Goa by roadways as well. However we preferred to board a train from Mumbai for Kudal (Which is nearest railway station to Tarkarli) to ensure Comfortable & Time/Cost effective Journey.
A decent number of hotel options are readily available. However, we preferred a Home-stay to get along even better with locale. It is recommended to choose the Home-stays close to MTDC Resort Tarkarli which is sort of junction between Tarkarli and Devbaug.
Private Cabs should not be hired at the very first go to get around in view of the fact that it would occur pretty good amount. Moreover, liberty of allocating time to various attractions would be compromised to a great extent. To nullify all the hindrances we choose to hire Scooty to roam around!! And trust me this particular decision made our trip even more awesome!!!
ITINERARY WE FOLLOWED
Day : 1
- Boarded Matsyagandha Express from Chhatrapati Sivaji Terminus at around 2200 HRS
- Overnight journey to Kudal.
- Early morning arrival at Kudal Station.
- Hired a vehicle to Tarkarli.
- Checked In to the Accommodation at around 1200 HRS.
- Freshen up and lunch.
- Post lunch visit to beach adjacent to MTDC Resort.
- Hired a Scooty meanwhile for two days and proceed towards Sindhudurg Fort for Scuba Diving.
- Post Scuba Diving it was almost 1700 HRS. So the ferry service to the fort was closing. Hence we decided to proceed toward Malvan beach after that.
(It was my very first experience of Scuba Diving but I found it so very soothing that I took a pledge to Dive at least once in a year now onward!!)
- After spending some time at Malvan beach we started with exploring local market and local delicacies (Sea food are in abundance and they all are yummilicious!!).
- Overnight Stay.
- After breakfast we proceed towards Sindhudurg Fort. It is obligatory to mention here that this fort is located in the middle of the sea (approx 2km from sea shore) and one have to avail ferry service to get there. The fort offers some spectacular Views.
- After getting back we rushed towards Devbaug. It looks like Kerala to a huge extent thanks to backwaters.
- We hired a Private Boat here which took us to Tsunami Island, which was formed during devastating tsunami.
- Here a wide range of water sports are available. We choose to do Parasailing. Indeed a good experience it was.
- After Devbaug we headed towards Nivati Beach and it was just another beach, not that great.
- Post that we moved to market to pack some delicacies back home!!
(Must try Jackfruit Chips, Aamrush, Banana Chip)
- And after that we took the train at around 2130 HRS from Kudal to get back to Mumbai.
This is how the trip concluded and blissful memories remain!!