The Day- 2: - The Day 2 Starts with early wake up, with Taken Daily Morning routines. At 9:00 all the Friends were @ the Breakfast Table of the Hotel as Breakfast was booked. The Breakfast consists of Bread Toast, The Jam & Omlate, Poori-Chole, The Boiled Eggs with Juice, The cornflakes. The Tea and Coffee. At about 10:00 am the Breakfast is Over.
1) The Gangtok: - After Leaving the Hotel @ about 11:00 am we are Ready with go to our First Destination as Planned to See the Gangtok City. Taken a Tata Sumo with all 6 Friends. At the Coronation Bridge on the way near Sevoke we have Taken few Pics on the Bank's of The River,"Teesta".
2) The Teesta View: - On the Journey we have taken snacks with Tea in the Hotel on the way. The Sight was very Beautiful as Teesta River flows......Damm hot view. Few Pics were snapped there, as the View is very Perfect, enjoyed a cup of Black Tea with Snacks. Nearly Spended 1 hour there as, The Driver is Rushing to come early......
3) The History of Teesta River :- The Teesta River originates from the Pahunri (or Teesta Kangse) glacier above 7,068 metres (23,189 ft), and flows southward through gorges and rapids in the Sikkim Himalaya. It is fed by rivulets arising in the Thangu, Yumthang and Donkha mountain ranges. The river then flows past the town of Rangpo where the Rangpo River joins, and where it forms the border between Sikkim and West Bengal up to Teesta Bazaar. Just before the Teesta Bridge, where the roads from Kalimpong and Darjeeling join, the river is met by its main tributary, the Rangeet River At this point, it changes course southwards flowing into West Bengal.
Teesta River Bridge Inscription
The river hits the plains at Sevoke, 22 kilometres (14 mi) northeast of Siliguri, where it is spanned by the Coronation Bridge linking the northeast states to the rest of India. The river then goes merging up with the Brahmaputra River after it bifurcates the city of Jalpaiguri and flows just touching Cooch Behar district at Mekhliganj and moves to Fulchori in Bangladesh.
4) The Gangtok: - On the way from Silliguri there are also few good Locations which were Captured in the Camera. See Video for the Pics as Followed respectively. At evening we have reached Gangtok at about 4 pm. Taken 2 Local Taxi's from Local Stand as the Local WB Drivers come only at the Bus Stand-cum, Taxi Stand. 200 Per Taxi towards the Hotel. The Hotel Named,"Meru " as Booked on the Spot as rooms are perfect with no Fan and Ac Their coz the Temperatures are very Low, you don't need Those. It was Full of Rain Started as we Reached the Hotel. The Rooms are only at 1000 rs each for 2 Persons. This is the Off Season as mentioned by the Locals. The Season Starts with Oct to Feb. The Prices are High at that time as the room Taken @ 1000 is available in the season for app. 3000 to 4000 Rs. as Told by the Locals.
5) The Dinner :- Taken Dinner @ hotel as it was raining outside. Taken Dinner @ Hotel early as the Market Closes as Early as 08:00 to 09:00 Pm. The Food is fantastic as compare to the North one. The Capatis (Roti) was not that good as it was mixed with Meda, the Rice atta and Normal one. Taken Rice with Dal...The Yellow the Favourite of One of Our Friend from Jhansi. Enjoyed The Local Made Rice with Dal and Mixed Veg as Others Also Enjoyed Their Food to. The Dinner was Enjoyed by Sk Imtiaj, Wassem bhai, Sanjay Razz, Anant Dey, Atif Bhai, Gagandeep Singh Bawa. and Myself.
6) The Gangtok Market: - After the Dinner, we all goes to the Market, The Market is named as MG Market. From the Start of the Market There is the Statue of Mahatma Gandhi as named as the Market. The Left there is a Sikkim Tourism Center and Opposite the Market Shops. The Market is quiet Big as seen the other Markets Like the Mall Roads etc. The Leh, Manali and Shimla are the Same Once but short to this one. All the big Brands Banks etc. are there in the Market.