Summary - Inclusions
Meghalaya Indeed is where Clouds meet the earth , Water never stops flowing and every blink of an eye is a waterfall or a beautiful landscape. Below I have tried to make easy, simple, step by step itinerary to my #Meghalaya trip. I travelled within Meghalaya with a local who became a friend (Vibhu) while on the trip. So, of course the local hidden gems are right here below in the itinerary. To my surprise he was a Maharashtrian living in Meghalaya as his dad works in Border Security force posted on Indo-Bangladesh border , Vibhu also has his tourist car service. So, I will leave his no. incase you are looking for a cab to travel around. I had rented a bike for this trip. Below #itinerary is planned in a way that you save time and kms while travelling without missing out on anything. #Hotels, #Transport #Restaurants are suggested below. Each and every cost mentioned below in incl. 2 adults #food , #stay , #ticket, #fuel , #car . You can choose hotels as per your #budget. My suggestions are based on my budget for the given trip and given day.
Some facts about Meghalaya before we start the itinerary -
1) Sunday's are good to travel in Meghalaya only & only , If you have your own or rented self drive vehicle. As most of the population in Meghalaya are Christians. Sunday Church mass and Sunday off is taken very seriously. People spend most of their day in Church and its almost each and everyone
2) November is best time to travel and the water is in it clearest and cleanest form during this month.
3) Everyone knows English , if not Hindi. Khasi is the main tribe and main tribal language although there are many tribes and languages.
4) Carry jacket for Cold, Rain & regular clothes for summer as well because the weather in Meghalaya changes every hour of the day.
5) Early Sunrise 4:30AM-5AM & Early Evenings 5PM