Above image is a snapshot of the route that I had taken to cover Bhutan's most amazing places in just under 10 days. Bhutan Indeed is a land of dreams and dragons. The beauty of it cannot be expressed in words but can only be felt by visiting it.
Below I have tried to make easy, simple, step by step itinerary to #Bhutan trip. I have travelled to Bhutan with my local friends there, aware about the country in & out. So, of course the hidden gems are right here below in the itinerary. Below #itinerary is planned in a way that you save time and kms while travelling without missing out on anything.
#Hotels, #Transport #Restaurants are suggested below. Each and every cost mentioned below in incl. 2 adults #food , #stay , #ticket, #fuel , #car .
You can choose hotels as per your #budget. My suggestions are based on my budget for the given trip and given day.
1) Arrive in #Siliguri by 12 PM and Hire a Taxi to Bhutan border town #Phuentsholing . Make sure you arrive before 6PM due to border closing time. Journey Siliguri to Phuentsholing (154KMS) 4Hrs . WagonR Cost 4000/- Taxi Driver- Bittu Bhaiya - 75508 86498
2) Checkin @ The Orchid Hotel - 3000/- Per night . Ask for football ground view.
3) Watch a Football match from your balcony under flood lights.
4) Go to Phuentsholing Market area which is 100mtrs from the hotel. Buy SIM CARD Valid for 14 days TASHI TELECOM
5) Go around the market
6) Dinner - Asia Kitchen Restaurant & Bar
1) WakeUp at 7AM . Have Breakfast
2) Go to Immigration office (100 mtrs from hotel) Submit your form (All you need is any indian govt. id) Passport is best as you also get it stamped :-)
3) Bhutan Gate (Indo-Bhutan Friendship Gate) Walking Distance
4) Zangto Pelri Lakhang (Walking Distance)
5) Go back to immigration office. Collect your entry permit letter
6) Phuentsholing is a small border town which is mostly for trade with India. So, there is nothing much to do. You can leave for "Thimphu" as soon as you get your letter. You will need a car to go around entire Bhutan. I had hired a car "Hyundai Creta" for my entire trip @ 2500/- per day including fuel , including driver. The car is at your service 24*7 once hired. You need to pre-book the car atleast 20 days in advance. The car will pick you up from hotel assist you at immigration office while you are going around walking in phuentsholing town and will be with you all the time wherever you want to go. You can connect with below contacts, these guys became my friends while on the trip and assisted me everywhere. They both own tourist cars and can offer you some discount with my reference. Jimmy - +975 17549480 , Rajan +975 77294487
7) Phuenstholing to Thimphu (147Kms) 4Hrs . Leave at 1PM
8) On the way you can see most beautiful landscapes , rivers , forests , valleys. Feels like the journey shouldn't end. Bhutan is actually a place where you just keep riding looking at nature which has different views on every turn.
9) Checkin at Peaceful Resorts - 3500/- per night http://peacefulresorts.com/index.php?web/pages/index
10) By 9-9:30PM visit MOJO PARK the best evening hangout pub in Thimphu with live music and young locals coming out to party. We actually made friends with the musicians there who played music for us at midnight on the streets of thimphu while we were all sipping our beer.
11) Dinner at Mojo Park itself
1) Wake up at 8AM . Have breakfast
2) Go to Tourism council office to take your travel pass for rest of the Bhutan
3) Buddha Point 10 AM
4) Tashichho Dzong 12AM
5) National Memorial Chhorten 1PM
6) Royal Takin Preserve 2PM
7) Lunch - Ambient Cafe
8) Changangkha Lhakhang 4 PM
9) Semtokha Dzong 6 PM
10) Go to hotel for Rest
11) Thimphu Market 8PM
12) Dinner - San Maru Restaurant - 9 PM
1) Wake up at 7AM. Have your breakfast , Check out from the hotel
2) Thimphu to Dochula Pass (45mins) . Earlier you go, the better it is as Dochu la pass is one of the most touristy place. We were lucky enough to be the only one as we visited at 6AM. Plus if you are lucky enough to get clear weather you can actually see Himalayan Range which falls in Bhutan
3) Dochula Pass to Punakha - 60KMs - 2hrs
4) Punakha Dzong 1PM
5) Suspension Bridge - There are multiple suspension bridge on Mo Chuu River 1:30PM
6) Checkin at Damchen Resort - 3500/- Per night . Take River View room
7) Have Lunch at the hotel and take some rest
8) Chimi Lhakhang 4 PM
9) Get some beer from the local beer shop and sit at the Damchen resort river front sipping beer
10) Call it a day off early
1) Wake up at 6AM
2) Mo Chuu River Rafting
3) Come back to hotel for breakfast
4) Punakha to Phobjikha Valley 10AM - 75KMS - 2:30HRS
5) Scenic drives with Yaks roaming on the roads
6) Gangtey Monastery 1PM
7) Lunch - Home Food - In a locals home - Pema Choden Homestay
8) Phobjikha Valley - One of the most beautiful view in Bhutan. Spend ample of time here.
9) Black - Necked Crane
10) Back to Punakha to the hotel by 8PM
1) Wake up at 8AM . Have breakfast. Checkout from hotel
2) Punakha to Paro - 126Kms - 3hrs 30mins
3) Paro Airport View point . This should be one of the most prettiest and dangerous airports of the world - 12PM
4) Checkin @ Norwangs Villa - 3500/- per night . Take some rest
5) Lunch @ Tou Zaiga Restaurant by BIH
6) Zuri Dzong Fort 2PM
7) Rinpung Dzong Monastery 3:30PM
8) National Museum Of Bhutan 5PM
9) Paro Market 7PM - 9PM
10) Party at the best pub in Bhutan till late night- Park 76 . We also actually met Jigme Wanghchuk , had a beer with him. Jigme is considered as Shahrukh Khan of Bhutan.
1) Wake up at 8AM. Have breakfast
2) Reach Chelela Pass at 11AM - 35Kms - 1hr30mins . Chelela Pass is the highest motorable point of Bhutan. Surreal View and wonderful maggi along with it
3) Kyichu Lakhang - 1:30PM
4) Lunch - My Kind of Place - 2:30PM - This place has amazing food. The owner is too sweet aswell. We met her at Park 69 the other night but we dint knew she was actually the owner of this restaurant. The place is amazing you will love it. Dont forget to have special Momos of Bhutan which you will only get at the place, its called Hantey
5) You definitely need some relaxation after so much of travelling and before the upcoming trek the next day. The day calls for a Spa - Tshetob Ying Yum Spa - 4:30PM
6) Call it a day off early..carry some beer at the hotel
1) The Big day has arrived to visit Taktsang Monastery - The pride of Bhutan
2) Wake up at 7AM. Have breakfast. Leave from Hotel at 8:30AM. Carry water , napkin , sticks for the trek. The trek is a full day trek will take 6-7 hrs up and down
3) Taktsang Monastery - The Tiger's Nest
4) Come back by 6PM. Relax at the hotel and if you have energy left..
5) You can visit Park 76 once again to have the last party of Bhutan's trip.
Day 9 -
1) Wake up at 8AM. Have breakfast. Check out
2) Leave for Phuentsholing. 150Kms 3hrs30mins . Reach Phuentsholing by 3-4PM
3) Pre-book the same taxi to Siliguri Airport that dropped you from Siliguri to Phuentsholing. Reach Siliguri by 9PM. Book at hotel for night stay near the airport or mode of transport you are taking back home from Siliguri.
Thats the end of the amazing BHUTAN TRIP............ ENJOY