Few Important points before you drive in Goa -
1. Bike/Scooty rent vary in North Goa and South Goa. In North, scooty rent/day - 350Rs. South scooty rent/day - 400Rs.
2. There is barely any traffic lights / reflectors and sign-boards, so make sure of the vehicle's headlights before renting. See the pictures below to get a better idea when you need to drive though the roads of Goa.
3. Helmets are as important as your Driving License. Police is strict with wearing helmets, else you would be fined. Helmet is necessary for the driver, not for the person sitting backside (on scooty/bike).
4. You need to use the google maps all the time to find your way from one destination to another. Direction boards are not available almost the whole Goa, except Panjim.
5. Better to leave for the day with a heavy 'Brunch - Breakfast + Lunch' because all road-side and accessible restaurants / cafes / shops, etc are closed from 2.00 PM IST - 4.00 PM IST. The reason behind is people in Goa believe in afternoon naps and they restart everything after 4.00 PM.
On our way to beach we experienced boulevard everywhere. The paved roads, tree-shaded rural drive to Vagator, was amazing! It took us around 20 minutes to reach Vagator which is quite, calm and less crowded beach.